Asparagus & Goat Cheese Strata for Two
With summer winding down, and the cool embrace of fall peaking over our shoulders, this rich and creamy recipe will keep you cozy through it all. This delectable recipe featuring fresh asparagus and goat cheese was developed in partnership with The Kitchen Paper.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Baking Time: 35 minutes
- 4 eggs
- ⅓ cup half and half
- 2 tsp stone-ground mustard
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp fresh ground pepper
- 4 cups bread, preferably day old sourdough in ½-1” cubes
- 8 stalks of fresh asparagus, cut to 1” sections
- 2oz chevre, crumbled
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Whisk together the eggs, half and half, mustard, salt, and pepper. Add the bread, and gently mix to coat all of the bread with the egg mixture.
- Fold in the asparagus and chevre, then transfer to a 6” oven-safe dish. If you’re not using cast-iron, you may want to lightly butter the pan first!
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until the top is beginning to brown and the center is not wobbly.
- Serve warm!