Breakfast in Bed: A Berry Nourishing Smoothie Bowl
This recipe was developed by Cherlyn Rumsey of Wildly Wholesome (@wildlywholesome).
A heavier breakfast has its place now and again, but sometimes you need to keep your first meal of the day simple and clean. Nothing sets a day up for success and productivity like the energy you get from a delicious fruit smoothie made just how you like it. For your next Breakfast in Bed, try a fruit smoothie bowl made with fresh berries and toppings full of protein. You're going to have a super-charged weekend.
What you'll need:
- 1 banana (pre-sliced and frozen)
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- ½ cup frozen strawberries
- 1 Tbs. almond butter
- ½- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- Hemp seeds, cacao nibs, flaked coconut, fresh berries, etc.
- Place all ingredients in a high-speed blender and blend until well combined and smooth. Begin with ½ cup of non-dairy milk and then slowly add more if needed. It should resemble soft-serve consistency and be thick enough to eat with a spoon.
- Pour into a bowl and garnish with your favorite toppings. Enjoy!