Non-Alcoholic Adaptogen Spritzers For Summer
Summer is in full swing, and there’s nothing more refreshing than sitting poolside with friends or enjoying a backyard barbecue with a cold beverage in hand. While we’re not opposed to a cooler of adult beverages, we’re obsessed with a new alcohol-free alternative that’s perfect for the sober-curious or those who want to limit their alcohol consumption. Enter: adaptogen-infused summer spritzers.
If you’re unfamiliar with adaptogens, they’re non-toxic herbs and supplements that are considered “miracle ingredients” and have been used for centuries in Ayurvedic traditions. In fact, they literally adapt to whatever your body needs to combat emotional and psychological stressors — whether that’s a wave of calm to combat anxiety, a boost for your immune system, or a sleep aid to help you drift off at night. Popular adaptogens like Reishi mushroom, ashwagandha, or Asian ginseng are known for their “happy boost.” Others, like holy basil, are the holy grail for those who struggle with anxiety.
While adaptogens can typically be taken in pill form, they’re also available as powders and concentrates — ideal for mixing into your favorite beverage. So this summer, sip life’s stresses away with our favorite healthy and delicious adaptogen-infused non-alcoholic spritzers.
Here are two recipes to get you started.
1. Grapefruit Lavender Spritzer
We love this citrusy rendition from @lilyfeedsyou that’s packed with vitamin C. Start your day with a tangy twist or make this refreshing recipe your new staple for park picnics and outdoor hangs.
Pro tip: add extra thyme for a botanical afternote and a slice of citrus — lemons, blood oranges, or mandarins will do — for a lip-smacking upgrade.
- Grapefruit Lavender & Ginger Tea sparkling water from Drink Sound
- 3-5 thyme leaves
- 20-35 drops of Anxiety Ally tincture from Wooden Spoon Herbs
- (Optional) Slice of citrus for garnish
- Muddle thyme leaves at the bottom of a glass.
- Pour in sparkling water mixture.
- Add drops of Anxiety Ally tincture.
- Mix together.
- Pour over ice, and enjoy!
2. Passionfruit Cacao Ashwagandha Spritzer
Ashwagandha is an evergreen shrub that’s shown to help reduce stress, lower blood pressure, and improve focus. And in our opinion, this passion fruit spritzer inspired by Droplet is the perfect wind down after a stressful day.
Passionfruit concentrate or 1 passionfruit
1 tbsp. cacao powder
Plain sparkling water (LaCroix, San Pellegrino, or similar brands)
Ashwagandha root powder extract from Moon Juice
Sugar to taste
- Dilute passionfruit concrete to make a juice and add to blender. If using a passionfruit, carefully slice it open and scoop out fruit and seeds into a blender.
- Add cacao powder, ashwagandha root powder, and sugar (taste until it reaches desired sweetness) to the blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Mix together with a can of plain sparkling water.
- Pour over ice, and get sippin’!
If you want to get creative and test out your own recipes, purchase botanical sparkling water for a base, channel your inner mixologist and make your go-to mocktail — or spring for a pre-mixed juice — add in a few drops of one of these adaptogen power blends and fall in love with your new supportive spritzer.